Training: Psychopharmacology & Victims of Child Abuse
May 29 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$30.00
Psychopharmacology & Victims of Child Abuse
Christopher Frederick, DO
Clinical Professor, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Director of Psychiatry Services, The Children’s Assessment Center
Director of Psychiatry Services, C.A.R.E. Clinic
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
The Children’s Assessment Center (CAC) Training Center, 2500 Bolsover, Houston, Texas 77005
9:00am – 12:00pm
3 CEs: Social Work (SW), Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT), Professional Education (CPE) & Professional Counseling (PC)
Speaker: Dr. Christopher Frederick is a Clinical Professor in the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center of Houston. In addition, He is the Director of Psychiatry Services at The Children’s Assessment Center, and the Director of Psychiatry Services at UT Physicians CARE Clinic – Texas Medical Center.
Specifics of the pharmacological treatment and drugs of choice for mental disorders will be presented. Unique to this seminar is information on the common types of psychotherapeutic drugs used for children who are victims of abuse. You will leave this seminar with knowledge and confidence regarding effective and safe application of pharmacological drugs.
- Describe the major classes of drugs used and their effects to treat mental disorders and which mental disorders are appropriately treated with each class of drugs.
- Describe when to refer clients to psychotherapeutic medications and psychotherapy and when medication may not be appropriate.
- Explain how to handle a client’s or a family’s resistance to psychotherapeutic medications and psychotherapy.
- Discuss some myths concerning psychotherapeutic medications and psychotherapy.
- Discuss how to help clients from different cultures overcome their barriers to treatment.
Click below for further details