The CAC works to protect children by increasing awareness in the community about child sexual abuse. The CAC's training and outreach programs are designed to help professionals that work with children identify the signs and symptoms of sexual abuse and equip them with the necessary knowledge to protect children.
The Children's Assessment Center provides trainings and education to community members and professionals through the Speaker Request Program. For a complete list of upcoming trainings and trainings available through our Speaker Request Program, or to request a training or prevention program, please email Karen Kennard at Karen.Kennard@cac.hctx.net.
To receive emails regarding upcoming professional trainings, send an email to email@example.com with Training Email List in the subject line.
To request a training or prevention program, please email the Speaker Request Form to Karen Kennard at Karen.Kennard@cac.hctx.net.
Available Trainings through Speaker Request Program
- Overview of The Children’s Assessment Center (1 hour)
- Dynamics of Child Sexual Abuse (1 hour)
- Overview of the Children’s Assessment Center and Dynamics of Child Sexual Abuse (1 1/2 - 2 hours )
- Child Sexual Abuse Case Process/ Story of Marianna (30 min.-1 hour )
- How Sexual Abuse Affects Children and their Families (1 1/2 hours)
- Effects of Sexual Assault on Children Foster Parents—Parenting Sexually Abused Children (2 - 3 hours)
- Mothers, Daughters and sexual abuse (1 - 2 hours)
- Schools/Community—Reporting Laws, Dynamics of Child Sexual Abuse and Overview of The Children’s Assessment Center (1 1/2 hours )
- Law Enforcement- The Children’s Assessment Center and Law Enforcement– A Multidisciplinary Team Approach to Child Sexual Abuse Cases (1- 1 1/2 hours )
- Forensic Interviewing/ Interviewing Sexually abused Children (1 hour)
- Understanding Recants (1 hour)
- Behavioral Evidence — Victims (1 1/2 hours )
- Psychological Testing and Tips on Cross Examination in Child Sexual Abuse Cases (1- 2 hours)