The Children’s Assessment Center (The CAC) holds various volunteer opportunities for community members looking to make an impact on children who have suffered abuse. Volunteer support is crucial to help form a fun, creative, and exciting environment for children and families in their healing journey at The CAC. Please see our 2023 volunteer flyer for more information. Opportunities are open to individuals, families, community groups, and corporations.
Volunteer opportunities include annual events, children’s parties, and ad hoc opportunities. All volunteers entering the building must have valid photo identification that will be scanned at the front desk.
Mural Volunteer Event: May 12 – 13, 2023
Volunteer with us during Child Abuse Prevention Month as we raise awareness to prevent abuse. Help us beautify our building with a mural to create a fun and relaxing environment for our families, staff, and partners.
Spirit of Summer: July 28 – 29, 2023
Help us stuff backpacks and host a Back-to-School Party for the children we serve to empower them with the tools necessary to have a great school year.
Fall Volunteer Event: October 20 – 21, 2023
Volunteer with us as we continue to beautify our building to create a comforting and safe environment for our children, families, staff, and partners.
Spirit of Winter: December 1 – 2, 2023
Foster joy this holiday season by helping us decorate our building for the holidays, wrap and organize gifts, and host a Children’s Holiday Party.
Volunteer at our Fundraising Events
Volunteers will assist with set-up, registration, and distribution of goodie bags or raffle items.
Ad Hoc Volunteer Tasks
We have volunteer needs throughout the year that you can help us with:
- Cleaning and organizing rooms for direct service
- Seasonal Decorating of our facility
- Donating In-Kind items
Advocates of The CAC is a program for those seeking ways to support The CAC’s mission and connect with community members who are passionate about volunteering, advocacy, and abuse prevention.
CAC Activity Center (AC) Volunteers
Volunteers will have the opportunity to work in our on-site activity center and have direct contact with children between the ages of newborn to 17 years old. Your role will be to engage and establish rapport with children as they await services at The CAC. The goal is to provide a fun, comfortable and safe environment for the children.
Volunteer responsibilities include participate in games, activities, provide food, clothing, support the day to days needs of the activity center, and help maintain an active environment where children can play and explore.
In addition, volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in the annual Back to School and Holiday events for the children receiving services at The CAC.
Types of direct services volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteers – Weekly scheduled volunteers providing a set number of hours to support the Activity Center.
- College Interns – Volunteers that are participating in an internship with a college or university for hours of services. The Activity Center staff will supervise and complete required evaluations. Interns have options of working in the Activity Center, Training Department and other CAC Departments. This is not a clinical internship. Internships requiring prior approval must email: email@example.com
You may volunteer during the Activity Center’s hours of operation below. All direct services volunteers are asked to volunteer at least two hours per week on an agreed upon weekly schedule. It is important for volunteers to have a dedicated schedule and adhere to the schedule because children depend on seeing the volunteers during their scheduled time in the Activity Center.
Activity Center hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday (8:00 am – 6:30 pm)
Friday (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
To become a direct service volunteer/intern in the CAC Activity Center, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old, not in high school, and have a valid driver’s license, government-issued ID, or a social security card.
- Attend and complete a scheduled CAC & Child Advocates Inc. Volunteer Training. To register, click here.
- Upon completing the training, you will be given an application to fill out and submit. The application will include a criminal and CPS background check.
- In addition, you must successfully complete a volunteer interview with our Activity Center staff.
- More details
If you want to volunteer or have any questions, please contact Kamryn Pliler, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (713) 986-3474.